Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Block 4-MAX STRENGTH 2.0


This week marks the beginning of block 4 which is similar to the max strength block previous but more intense and more emphasis on speed strength. So far since using the block periodization model I have seen incredible results. Not only has it whipped my ass into incredible shape, it is allowing me to actually recover. Previously, I used a very concurrent type program in which I was trying to accomplish almost every aspect of training. Now my focus is very concentrated on about 2 tasks and it sets me up for the sequential blocks following. So here is my block 4...ill post results at the end of the week.

Day 1
Plyo: Box jumps
1A:Power Clean
2A:Back Squat
3A:Rev Lunge
4A:BB Hip thrust
4B:BB Anti Rotation

Day2
Plyo: Low Intensity hops, jumps
1A:Plyo Push up
2A: Bench Press
3A:DB Floor Press
3B: 1 arm Row
4tri-set: Standing ext rotation
ITY
Rear Dealt

Day 3
Plyo:Max Vert jump
1A:Speed Squat
2A:RFESS
3A:Dynamic GHR
3B:GHR Pulsing
4A:Core Rolls
TKE
Ab Rollouts

Day 4
Plyo:180 & 360 degree jumps
1A:Speed Bench
2A:CG bench
2B:Heavy Pull up
3A:Explosive Pull up
4tri-set:Kneeling PNF D2
Int Rotation
Front plank to push up

5 comments:

  1. TJ, just wondering how you developed your current programming. I'm currently looking for a good strength/power regimen. Was this something you developed specifically based on your current strength/weaknesses? Or a text based workout you adjusted to your skill level?

    I apologize if I have two comments listed. I don't believe my first one posted.

    Thanks for your time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and my e-mail address is truthofchicago@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TJ,

    Love the blog, I was just reading this program you've got in your max strength/ power specific block.
    Just my two cents.. and I'm not being deliberately critical. I appreciate the people who take the time to write these blogs. Though.6 pushing to 3 pulling ratio and a few corrective shoulder exercises doesn't seem IMO like it will give you enough balance for proper shoulder health and balance. A one arm row, doesn't give that much in regards to scapular retraction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim...Im glad you like the blog. Its my bad for not posting reps but when its all said and done and the total reps/volume are completed I actually do more pulling. When I post my results at the end of the week it will be a little more clear. Also I get plenty of retraction work and if done properly a one arm row can produce a significant amount of retraction. Thanks for the comments

    ReplyDelete