Thursday, February 4, 2010

Give Back to get more!


After settling into a comfortable routine and with all my strength and conditioning duties set, I realized I had a lot of time on my hands. I figured if I want to be getting to seminars and buy the continuing education resources some extra cash flow would be a good idea. So what better way then to pick up some clients.

I figured for the advertising/marketing I would go with the cheapest(free) method available...flyers, and a free ad. The response was fairly well. After the one week I got several replies and was off to a good start. The best form of marketing however, word of mouth, was what I needed to utilize in order to establish a name for my programs so that I could be sure to gain more clients throughout the process.

Usually this process is one that takes a while. Typically you get your clients, train them, if your successful by the end they will tell friends and coworkers. Well, I was a little impatient and wanted to kick start this process so I decided to add some extra incentive to spread the word a little more quickly. Initially, I charged them the fee for the program and while meeting with each client for a consultation I let them in on a plan to help motivate them and spread the word. After establishing there goals and evaluating their initial training history I flat out gave them a money back guarantee. If my program did meet the needs of the clients goals (specific) they would get a fair percentage of the initial fee back no questions asked. My hopes were that eventually the word would get out and I would re-open at the halfway point and see how many others would like to join. Well, it really did not take that long. Recently, I have gotten several emails from husbands, wives, fathers of the clients all wanting to join and some of their friends who might want to join.

By no means am I a genius, super star, celebrity trainer, but I am confident in my coaching and that with the goals established this will be a great experience. It just simply demonstrates that in many cases marketing does not have to be an investment that takes a lot from the initial profit of your current fees. Not only with this hold me incredibly accountable for making progress but this will get my clients to realize how serious I am about getting them to where they want to be. Of course there are stipulations with attendance and effort but finding ways to establish a clientele has more to do with what people have to say about you over what you can say about your skill. Find ways to get people talking and you will never have a problem generating a clientele.

No comments:

Post a Comment