Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Block 5: Power


So begins the next block in my physical preparation. As you can tell by the title the main focus will be power, force production, and continuing to expand certain energy systems. Expectations are extremely high for this block and the first two days have already provided promising results. Max strength is put back toward maintenance and for my primary strength lifts, squat, bench, and hang cleans, I am still seeing increases from the previous blocks. I am looking forward to the explosive work and can't wait to get my cleans up to par!

Day 1
Plyo progression
1ACG BB Snatch 4x3 @ 155
2ASquat 3x5 @395, 405, 425 RPE=8, 8, 9
3AExplosive RDL 3x5 @275 3BBB Anti Rotation
4circuit 2x10
TKE
Front Plank
BW 1 legged Hip thrust
Band Abduction

Day 2
Plyo Progression
1A1 arm DBn Snatch 3x3 @ 85#
1BCable lift 3x8
2ABench 3x5@ 295, 305, 320
3A1 arm unsupported Row 3x8 @85#
3B Face pulls 3x8
4Circuit 2x10
ITY

External Rotation

Core Roll Progression

Curl variation


Day 3
FT Capacity Work. (sled sprints)

I was very excited to see my squat number where it was. According to rep max chart it is just below 500 which is getting to pre-ankle injury numbers. Bench max chart says ~360 but I feel like when the reps drop to 3 it will be better. But, power is the name of the game and one of the things I miss most as a side effect of the injury is throwing down the b-ball. So, i guess that would be my goal for the end of the power blocks in 8 weeks. Video to come!!!...(hopefully).

No comments:

Post a Comment