Saturday, September 5, 2009

What You should be reading: Student Edition

As a student in the S&C field I am fairly familiar with some great, good, and some books that are a waste of time. I recently got done rearranging my room and when i got to my books it made me think which ones have helped me get to where I am today and which ones I could have done without. So here is a list of a few books that I think students must read if they are serious about being bad ass coaches.
Must Read/Watch:
Science and Practice of Sports Training-Vladimir M. Zatsiorsky
Building the Efficient Athlete-Mike Robertson and Eric Cressey
Core Performance- Mark Verstegen
Men's Health Power Training- Dos Remidios
Muscles Testing and Function- Kendall
Block
Periodization- Vladimir Issurin
Diagnosis and Treatment of Movement Syndromes-Sahrmann
Anatomy Trains- Thomas Myers
+ Many more....
Some things t
o Avoid:
Books with titles that sound like advertisement
Authors who don't train anybody or never have!!
If they promise something too good to be true
Celebrity Books
Books who don't supply references

These should be a good start. there are many more that have helped me develop my skills up until now and some I am looking forward to reading in the future which I will let you know in future reviews how much I enjoyed them!

No comments:

Post a Comment