Friday, October 30, 2009

My Nutrition


For the last few years now, nutrition has become very important to me because I realized how significant a role it plays not only in body comp but recovery and performance. I am by no way a Nutrition Nazi and I do like to have fun on the weekends but I take it very seriously and am thankful for the following products and plans that have helped me along the way.

Precision Nutrition
I picked this up four years ago and have never looked back. Why? Because its simple and it WORKS. Most know that Dr. Berardi is always keeping ahead of the game and has brought the concept of nutrient timing to the forefront of sports nutrition. He has also saved me with his numerous tips and preparation strategies. This is a plan that is also being continually updated and has the best nutrition forums ever. It is by no means a "diet". It has defiantly become part of a lifestyle since I purchased it.

Surge PWO Recovery
When it comes to PWO recovery this would be my preferred choice. There are numerous products with they 2:1 carb/protein ration but the deciding factor for me was the taste and the reputation of the company. It also isn't too pricey.

100% Whey
I usually have a couple of scoops of protein powder a day especially since I am always on the go with classes. I have absolutely no preference with what I get either. I have gotten the high price brands and the low price brands and body comp, recovery, and somewhat taste are similar. I usually go with the cheapest price from Sam's. I think EAS makes a 5# bag for $30!!

I also take some other various supplements like Vit. D, Fish oils, Creatine, and me pre workout drink of choice, 2 cups of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment