Sunday, August 9, 2009

Start of Block 1 Accumulation phase



Tomorrow marks the first day of my annual plan. It will begin with trying to expand the potential of my systems while maintaining max strength and power. Some key things i hope to improve are eccentric hypertrophy of the cardiac system as well as expanding my fast twitch capacity.
This will involve lots of tempo work to build mitochondria in my slow twitch along with low volume strength work. My energy systems will include steady state sled drags, circuits, and med ball drills for time as well as some loaded short duration activity for FT capacity. All under anaerobic threshold. Looking forward to a great training block.
I got many great ideas for this plan from collaborating with Bill Hartman and from several valuable resources on these methods. Some suggested reading would be anything from Issurin, Viru, or Zatsiorsky.

1 comment:

  1. We do rely on all of the concepts you’ve presented on your
    posting. They may be incredibly persuasive and will certainly do the job.
    On the other hand, a articles are incredibly limited for
    starters. May well you actually you should extend these a little through following moment?
    Thanks for the article.
    Also visit my website Cheap Car Insurance Quote

    ReplyDelete